Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Song of a Young Girl in the King's Court

The Song of a Young Girl in the King's Court
 
Wise men and sages
Listen to me,I pray
I am just a young girl
Still finding my way
I've walked a little on life's road
I've still a long, long way to go
And though I've much to learn
I'll tell you what I know
 
The wounds you inflict on others
Will never make you whole
If you live for possessions
You'll have nothing for your soul
Compassion is important
A man's true measure in the end
The strongest man is one who turns
His enemy into his friend
 
The strength of an army
Cannot soothe a crying babe
Happiness comes to those who give
And not to those who take
Money and power
Are no substitute for love
The greedy cannot be satisfied
Nothing will ever be enough
 
This is the wisdom I offer you
Humble though it be
I myself am humble
As you all can see
But though I may not know
the secrets written in the stars
I know the truth
Written on my heart


8 comments:

  1. Like! Like! Like!.. You need a "LIKE" button! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the+1 button is like the like button, also you can share them to facebook and twitter

      Delete
  2. You are so blessed and talented, I love your poems! Stay with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee you are very blessed! Keep on using the talent God has given you and I know you will be blessed byond all bounds!

    I couldn't figure out to sign this??

    Your friend,
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I am glad you like it. Keep checking it out, I add new poetry every day. If you really like it, you should follow the blog.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely exceptional!! I think it is not only beautiful, but so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. It was inspired by a play. It's also my version of advice to the world.

    ReplyDelete